Thursday, October 10, 2013

New Beginnings

It's been a few months since I posted on this blog. When I started this blog, I had the intention of documenting my progress through GCA; which I did for a good while, but I now find myself in a much different situation and I feel like the point of me writing here needs a new purpose as well.

I plan to use this blog as a spot to post my work (something which I will do with more regularity) as usual - but I also would like to use this as a space to share information that I find interesting. Mostly things ranging from art and history to language and geography. As I am now in my fourth and final year at GCA, the work that I plan to do outside of school becomes more and more of a preoccupation. I hope that by making this blog a little more of a space for me to share and discuss what's bandying around in my head, I can have more fun with it and hopefully keep it interesting for anyone reading.

Anyway, here are a few pieces from the last few months -


Audrey's Back

portrait sketch in graphite

El Castellas - Ceret, France

portrait sketch in white chalk and graphite

Santiago

 
Nuvols Sobre el Canigo
 I was in Ceret, France over the summer, which is where I did the two little landscape sketches. I have a large panoramic landscape painting which I started there. I've been working on it for quite a few hours now and I still have quite a few to go. I'll post it up when I'm done, which should be sometime in mid-November likely. It's been an exciting but taxing project. It's nice to have some emotional investment in a piece though, something which I rarely get out of the academic nudes.

2 comments:

  1. Nice change, I'm glad to hear you'll be using this blog regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, i love your works. and i follow your blog and ur art. good luck.

    ReplyDelete